Partner at Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP | Montréal, QC
Pierre-Denis practises commercial law with an emphasis on structured and secured financing, securitization, and real estate. His main focus is on mortgage and real estate financing, acquisition, disposition and development of real estate, and other related assets. Pierre-Denis’ expertise in structured financing is widely recognized. He is also experienced in the realization of security and debt restructuring. Over the years, he has documented some of the most complex transactions in Canada in these areas.
Pierre-Denis also acts as senior legal counsel in infrastructures and public-private partnership projects, representing consortiums and work providers.
Over the last few years, Pierre-Denis has represented numerous lenders and borrowers in term, interim and construction financings with respect to real property assets located nationally and internationally, as well as developers in respect of acquisition and disposition of same.
Awards & Recognition
Pierre-Denis was named Best Lawyers’ 2014 Montreal Structured Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year.” He has also been recognized as a leading lawyer in current and several past editions of the following publications:
- Who’s Who Legal: Real Estate 2017
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2017 (Real Estate)
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017 (Project Finance Law, Real Estate Law and Structured Finance Law)
- The Legal 500 Canada 2017 (recommended – Real Estate)
- Legal Media Group’s Guide to the World’s Leading Real Estate Lawyers 2017
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2017 (Asset Securitization and Property Development)
- Lexpert’s Special Edition on Canada’s Leading Infrastructure Lawyers 2015