Real Estate Counseling is the act of providing advice or guidance which significantly affects real estate decisions, without personal bias and/or conflict of interest.
Counselors come from a wide array of professional backgrounds–from valuation, consulting, law, brokerage, and asset management to development, investment, lending, and corporate real estate. They are service providers, owners, capital sources, fiduciaries, academics and public servants.
Counselors are renowned for applying rigorous, independent, and informed analysis to a wide range of complex real estate decisions facing a full range of market participants.
Typical areas of expertise include, but are not limited to:
- Investment management
- Investment analysis and strategy
- Pension fund consulting
- Capital formation and syndication
- Public/private partnerships
- Economic and fiscal impact studies
- Property and portfolio financing strategies
- Energy, environmental and sustainability
- Site location, relocation, lease/purchase evaluation
- Corporate real estate strategy and execution
- Acquisitions, dispositions, market research and due diligence
- Land use/master planning and redevelopment
- Arbitration and mediation
- Expert witness testimony and litigation support
- Valuation counseling
- Transaction structuring