Aki is a director in PwC’s Real Estate Advisory team and has over 14 years of experience focusing on real estate advisory services such as valuation, financial due diligence, corporate RE advisory, forensic accounting, lease audits, loan underwriting, process improvement, and fund op model/fee structuring. With over 14 years of experience, Aki has worked with numerous global real estate investment and management organizations and Fortune 500 companies. His broad experience helps bring different perspectives and value-add opportunities to each of his projects. He has assisted clients in a variety of industries and asset-types, including healthcare, multi-family, retail, logistics, office, and hospitality. Aki is a certified public accountant in Illinois and holds the CRE designation (Counselors of Real Estate).
- Aki has advised corporate real estate departments for numerous Fortune 500 companies on leading practices around operating model, organization, process, and controls within the accounting, finance, lease administration, real estate strategy, program management, and legal functions.
- Aki led several large-scale real estate portfolio optimization initiatives, leading to significant client savings due to higher space utilization metrics, smaller footprints, and more efficient target operating models and unlocking capital to re-invest in their core business.
- Aki has advised clients on company-level acquisition/disposition transactions, providing financial due diligence around targets’ real estate portfolios.
- He has also advised numerous investors as they acquire real estate properties, providing services such as analysis around quality of earnings and historical/prospective revenues,
expenses & tenant reimbursements, valuation and other key analyses. Aki has assisted clients acquire real estate valued at over +$25 billion.
- Aki has provided valuation support, including performing market research and obtaining market intel in order to advise clients regarding the reasonableness of property-level and
corporate-level equity/property and debt valuations, including assumptions and methodologies.
- He has also advised clients on optimal real estate ownership structures, supporting scenarios with business case models and presenting results/recommendations to senior leadership.