- This event has passed.
Housing: Rising Costs and the Real Estate Ecosystem (with IE University, Madrid)
Rising interest rates. Declining home sales. Increasing home prices. Low inventory. Unaffordable rents. High costs for land, labor, and materials.
Go beyond the numbers with National Apartment Association’s Paula Munger, CRE® and IE University’s Margarita Chiclana Actis as they interpret housing availability, affordability, and adaptability and offer reasons for—and solutions to—the global housing crisis. Moderated by George Thomas Vallone, CRE®, this webinar will address the questions you want answered, including:
– Despite rising interest rates and inflation, what are the three key reasons the housing and financial crisis of 2008-09 is different in 2022-23?
– Will record highs in U.S. multifamily construction be enough to meet demand?
– Will NIMBYs ever become YIMBYs?
– How are millennials and Gen Z impacting the housing market?
– Will Federal government incentives to municipalities really reduce regulatory barriers to affordability?
– What will the future of housing look like in 2035? 2050?
With introductions from Francesco Chechile and Bill McCarthy, CRE. This webinar took place on November 10, 2022.