- This event has passed.
Hawaii Chapter – Affordable Housing
Our first meeting of the year will start off with the hot topic that is on everyone’s minds now days. Affordable Housing. The key component related to Affordable Housing is understanding the tools that are available to fund the development, renovation, and acquisition of affordable housing. This year, there will be a flurry of legislative activities starting with the Governor’s package, Sen. Will Espero’s $2B proposals, and many others. Joining us will be, Craig Hirai, the head of Hawaii Housing Development and Finance Corporation (HHFDC) and his chief lieutenant Darren Ueki who manages the finance/tax credit applications to help us better understand how the State helps now, and their view of what needs to change to further help the increase of affordable housing in the state.
He will touch on:
- Rental Housing Trust Fund
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits (4% vs 9%)
- Dwelling Unit Revolving Fund
- The new proposals that are floating around and what they mean?
- Limitations on the state’s abilities
- 201H expedited permitting status
- GET exemptions
- Real property exemptions